The Space 2 Hiking Tent
The guys at Wilderness Equipment certainly know what they are doing (otherwise you wouldn't find them on our shelves); The Space 2 combines excellent headroom, floor space, stability and bad weather performance in a package with a pitch weight well under 1.8kg!
Our unique ‘dihedral hub’ framework changes the pole angle through the roof of the tent, maximising interior volume while minimising the exterior profile. Innovative vent design high on the outer tent sides provides excellent ventilation. In humid conditions both doors can be rolled all the way back to create an open sided, rainproof shelter. When rain is not a concern the inner can be pitched alone as lightweight (1.07kg) protection against insects.
If you want to keep things featherweight, ditch the inner for the groundsheet option and pitch an incredibly spacious 1.36kg fly shelter! The 3-season version uses an all mesh inner, while the winter version (Four Season) uses a breathable full fabric nylon inner with pull down door covers for complete protection from the elements.
The Winter fabric inner can be purchased separately at a later date if you are heading to much colder climates where you may need this - not sure if the three of four season is better for an up coming trip? Drop us a line and we will be happy to help!
- Freestanding Dihedral Hub, 3 or 4-season, 2-Person tent.
- Inner Pitch First: Outer may be pitched first if using optional groundsheet
- Min Weight 3-season: 1.78kg
- Packed Weight 3-season: 1.97kg
- Min Weight 4-season: 1.81kg
- Packed Weight 4-season: 2.00kg
- Floor Dimensions: 2.10m long x 1.3m widest
- Outer Tent Fabric: 30d sil/sil nylon 66 ripstop outer skin with 3000mm HH
- Outer Tent Colour: Apple Green
- Inner Tent: 20d breathable Nylon or 20d mesh inner tent
- Floor: 40d high-tenacity ripstop nylon floor with 5000mm HH pigmented PeU coating
- Poles: 8.5mm OD 7001 aluminium, WE dihedral hubs, press fit connectors
- Pegs: 6 x 4-Flute HT Aluminium, with pull cords