Feldon Crows Nest Roof Top Tent - Regular - Green
Regular price $2,199.00
Unit price per
only 0 left in stock
PICKUP FROM OUR MARRICKVILLE STORE.
INSTALLATION IS AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL COST. CALL US FOR A QUOTE.
JOIN THE ROOFTOP ADVENTURE
Forget hammering pegs, blowing up mattresses, and putting up poles. Introducing The Crow’s Nest, Feldon Shelter’s 2-Person Rooftop Tent. With no poles required for basic setup, the Crow’s Nest tent is up in less time than it takes to boil the billy. A simple pull of the ladder unfolds the ready-to-use tent all by itself. The built in queen mattress has your sleeping bag and pillows tucked away inside ready to go, saving you valuable car space. An effortless setup for carefree adventures.
NEW ZEALAND DESIGN
From Northland’s beaming sun to the howling winds of the deep South, the Crow’s Nest has been rigorously tested amongst it all. Each element has been purposely designed here in New Zealand for New Zealand conditions.
Feldon Shelter’s uniquely curved roof prevents annoying water pooling and those unsuspecting roof showers. These curves mean smoother aerodynamics so even the strongest of winds are no match. We’ve given extra attention to keep your nest cosy and dry by specially waterproof treating our canvas, using waxed stitching and taping all seams.
With durability and New Zealand’s harsh sun in mind, The Crow’s Nest is constructed with our heavy duty, UV resistant, ripstop poly cotton canvas. With double stitching throughout, strong YKK zippers, reinforced aluminium skeleton and industrial marine grade stainless steel hardware, basically, you’re set for many moons to come.
The most premium roof-top tent available is chocked full of carefully thought out features. Ample storage is taken care of with an external shoe/gadget pocket, multi overhead storage straps and handy internal storage pockets. A retractable light-weight ladder, quick release hand attachments and plenty of ventilation take the pain out of camping to create effortless adventures.
Feldon’s very own built in ErgoCell queen sized mattress comfortably fits two people with enough room to stretch out. Designed to sleep even the tallest adventurer comfortably. Featuring a waterproof underside, sides and anti-soak top corners. There’s nothing like a soft and flat bed to lay on after a long day behind the wheel. You can kiss goodbye those restless nights spent sleeping on rocks and roots.
CROW'S NEST FEATURES
- Feldon Shelter's unique window design, offering 360° views and even better aerodynamics in high winds.
- Feldon Shelter's reinforced aluminium sandwich base construction for extended life and even more strength.
- Feldon Shelter's unique shoe & spring pole pocket designs. Now base mounted featuring multiple compartments for extra storage.
- NZ's original curved roof design providing extra height over generic rooftop tents, prevents water pooling and improves aerodynamics in high winds.
- All metal skeleton, hinges and hardware for extended life and strength.
- Heavy duty PVC travel cover with unique welded triple layer reinforcement panels. Featuring the original roll up design created by Feldon Shelter.
- Larger hinges than other generic rooftop tents available so that bedding and pillows can be tucked away permanently in the tent while closed and travelling.
- Adjustable storage straps overhead on tent base for extra storage and drip drying any wet clothing/gear.
- Internal storage pockets to keep your snacks, smartphone and torch nice and safe
- Removable doorway shoe/gadget pocket to keep your muddy shoes, outside and off the ground. The pockets also feature a vented bottom panel to drip dry your shoes overnight.
- Quick release hand attachments mean the tent is easily installed, removed or swapped between vehicles
- 60mm ErgoCell high density foam mattress with a removable cotton cover and waterproof ripstop underside, sides & anti-soak corners to keep condensation out. Designed to sleep individuals up to 7ft in height.
- Adjustable alloy retractable ladder. Optional extensions available for raised vehicles over 2 meters tall.
- Heavy duty genuine YKK zippers.
- Locally sourced marine grade stainless steel eyelets.
- Velcro sealed power cable access points allow cable connection from car
- Mosquito mesh windows, doors and vents.
- Zip-open mosquito mesh on all windows and doors
- Extra strong 40mm ribbing, velcro and marine grade attachment rings throughout.
- Additional swatch material for tent, rainfly and mesh repairs.
TENT: 360G Poly Cotton Rip-Stop Canvas. Developed & proven for NZ's Harshest Conditions to be Tear-resistant, Waterproof & Weatherproof in anything your travels throw at you. UV, mould and mildew resistant, with high grade 150G mosquito mesh throughout.
RAINFLY: 420D Diamond Ripstop Polyester X-Canvas. Extremely durable, Tear-resistant, Waterproof & Weatherproof. UV, mould and mildew resistant.
TRAVEL COVER: 2000 Denier Reinforced PVC. Triple reinforcement panels in high wear areas. Constructed with COATS UV-Resistant Thread (the stuff used on yacht sails).
BASE: 30mm Aluminium Fully Tig-Welded Frame, with 10 internal reinforcement backbones.
- Durable powder-coated aluminium anti-scratch base surface with fully anodised components throughout.
- 316 Stainless steel reinforced hinge work and bracing.
- Engineered to be lightweight, durable & capable of housing 300kg worth of adventurers inside.
SETUP AND REQUIREMENTS
Fits on even the smallest of vehicle, from a 2 door hatchback through to the hardiest of truck. Fitting is easy, its deciding which way you wish to have the tent open that takes some thought. Off the back, off the side or even off the front, take your pick. All that’s needed is a pair of roof racks or suitable roof cage with a combined minimum dynamic (moving) load rating of 75kg.
If your vehicle is on the taller side, we're talking over 2 metres (from the ground to the top of the roof rack) then you will need to add a Ladder Extension.
The Crow’s Nest Rooftop Tent has a load rating of 300kg.
Open: 143cm W x 240cm L x 125cm H
Closed: 143cm W x 120cm L x 40cm H
Weight: 54 kg
Delivery across Australia
We ship Australia wide and we're based out of Sydney.
Our Sydney store has tents on display and we offer detailed demonstrations for anyone who would like to learn more about Feldon Shelter.
We also offer free roof top tent installation at our Sydney workshop for those who live close by or are travelling to the area. Our Sydney workshop can also complete your overlanding vehicle fit out, from draws and storage to battery systems and everything in-between, we've got you covered!
Please allow the following times for dispatch and delivery:
- Sydney - Collect from store or 2-3 days
- NSW - 2-3 days
- Canberra & ACT - 2-3 days
- Brisbane & QLD - 2-5 days
- Melbourne & VIC - 2-5 days
- Adelaide & SA - 3-7 days
- Perth & WA - 5-9 days
- Darwin & NT - 5-9 days
All Feldon Shelter products come with a 2 year warranty.
We offer free installation at our Sydney workshop, but if you're based outside of Sydney, and planning to install your roof top tent yourself, please allow 1-2 hours for installation.
We only sell gear that's the best on the market. And we know it's the best because we've tried them all. Our philosophy is simple, if the product doesn't meet our high expectations then we won't sell it.
Ask a question
Have a question? Whether it's about gear to use on a 14 day hiking trip, roof top tent requirements, or storage solutions for your 4WD.... Send us a message or call us on 02 9560 9770. We love hearing from our customers.
Our Sydney workshop specialises in building the ultimate touring vehicles for overland adventures. Our business was built on passion and our team of experts can fit out your vehicle with quality products backed by precision installation.
ASK A QUESTION
This field is required
This field is required
This field is required
This field is required