The Crow's Nest Extended's new design has a host of new features & innovative materials, while still retaining all the regular features you have come to love from the regular Crow's Nest Tent.
CROW'S NEST EXTENDED MODEL:
CROW'S NEST EXTENDED 2-PERSON ROOFTOP TENT - NEW ADDITIONS:
- Extended body and rain-fly: covers the full ladder entry and creates even more shelter underneath.
- Aluminium Honeycomb-Cell base construction: Dent resistant & 5x stronger than regular roof top tent bases.
- Heavy Duty Cargo Net Storage: Located underneath the base. With multiple O-ring/hooks for overhead storage.
- Additional Base Mounted 6x Hanging D-Ring Storage.
- Extra front window & mesh opening: for even more views.
JOIN THE ADVENTURE
Forget hammering pegs, blowing up mattresses, and putting up poles. Introducing The Crow’s Nest Extended, Feldon Shelter’s newest 2-person Rooftop Tent. The Crow’s Nest tent is up in less time than it takes to boil the billy. A simple pull of the ladder unfolds the ready-to-use tent all by itself. There's a built in queen mattress that tucks your sleeping bag and pillows away inside, saving you valuable car space. An effortless setup for carefree adventures.
NEW ZEALAND DESIGN
Let’s face it, camping in New Zealand can be rough (and that’s a good thing when it comes to creating tents). With four seasons a common daily occurrence & a skinny land mass, our neighbours across the ditch see some of the most diverse weather conditions in the world. Perfect for developing roof top tents that can do it all.
With sun, wind, snow & plenty of rain, Feldon Shelter has spent years in their NZ based workshop developing rooftop solutions that can not only handle the worst, but through innovative design & quality construction, create an effortless & enjoyable adventure. no matter what get’s thrown at you along the way.
Feldon Shelter’s uniquely curved roof prevents annoying water pooling and those unsuspecting roof showers. These curves mean smoother aerodynamics so even the strongest of winds are no match. We’ve given extra attention to keep your nest cosy and dry by specially waterproof treating our canvas, using waxed stitching and taping all seams.
With durability and New Zealand’s hard sun in mind, The Crow’s Nest is constructed with our heavy duty, UV resistant, ripstop poly cotton canvas. With double stitching throughout, strong YKK zippers, reinforced aluminium skeleton and industrial stainless hardware, basically, you’re set for many moons to come.
The most premium roof-top tent available is chocked full of carefully thought out features. Ample storage is taken care of with external shoe pockets, a multi purpose cargo net, and handy internal storage pockets. A retractable light-weight ladder, quick release hand attachments and plenty of ventilation take the pain out of camping to create effortless adventures.
Feldon’s very own built in ErgoCell queen sized mattress comfortably fits two people with enough room to stretch out. Designed to sleep even the tallest adventurer comfortably. There’s nothing like a soft and flat bed to lay on after a long day behind the wheel. You can kiss goodbye those restless nights spent sleeping on rocks and roots.
SETUP AND REQUIREMENTS
Fits on even the smallest of vehicle, from a 2 door hatchback through to the hardiest of truck. Fitting is easy, its deciding which way you wish to have the tent open that takes some thought. Off the back, off the side or even off the front, take your pick. All that’s needed is a pair of roof racks or suitable roof cage with a combined minimum dynamic load rating of 75kg.
The Crow’s Nest Rooftop Tent has a load rating of 300kg.
CROWS NEST FEATURES
- NZ's original curved roof design provides extra height over generic rooftop tents and prevents water pooling and improves aerodynamics
- High view window design for 360° views and better aerodynamics.
- Honeycomb Cell base construction, dent resistant and 3x stronger than regular rooftop tent base construction methods.
- Base mounted shoe & and gadget pockets for extra storage. Keep your muddy shoes, outside and off the ground. The pockets also feature a vented bottom panel to drip dry your shoes overnight.
- Heavy duty PVC travel cover with welded triple layer reinforcement panels. Featuring our own original design roll up storage system.
- All aluminium internal skeleton, marine grade stainless steel hinges and hardware for extended life and strength. No plastic.
- Larger hinges than other generic rooftop tents available so that bedding and pillows can be tucked away permanently in the tent while closed and travelling
- Large multi purpose cargo net on tent base for extra overhead storage protected from the elements.
- Internal storage pockets to keep your snacks, smartphone and lights nice and safe.
- Quick release hand attachments mean the tent is easily installed, removed or swapped between vehicles.
- 60mm ErgoCell high density foam mattress with a removable cotton cover and waterproof polyester ripstop underside & anti-soak corners to keep condensation out. Designed to sleep individuals up to 7ft in height.
- Adjustable alloy retractable ladder. Optional extensions available for raised vehicles
- Heavy duty YKK zippers.
- Locally sourced marine grade 316 stainless steel eyelets.
- Velcro sealed power cable access points allow cable connection from car.
- Mosquito mesh windows, doors and vents.
- Zip-open mosquito mesh on all windows and doors.
- Extra strong 40mm straps, velcro & marine grade stainless steel attachment D-rings throughout.
- Additional material bag, for tent, rainfly and mesh repairs.
TENT: 340G Poly Cotton canvas. Water, mould and mildew resistant. High grade 130g mosquito mesh
RAIN FLY: 420D Diamond Ripstop Polyester canvas. Water, mould and mildew resistant.
TRAVEL COVER: 720G PVC, with triple reinforcement panels in high wear areas.
BASE: 25mm aluminium honeycomb cell base construction. 316 Stainless steel reinforced hinge work and bracing. Anti-scratch textured finish throughout.
Open: 141cm W x 240cm L x 125cm H
Closed: 141cm W x 120cm L x 30cm H
Weight: 58 kg
Delivery across Australia
We ship Australia wide and we're based out of Sydney.
Our Sydney store has tents on display and we offer detailed demonstrations for anyone who would like to learn more about Feldon Shelter.
We also offer free roof top tent installation at our Sydney workshop for those who live close by or are travelling to the area. Our Sydney workshop can also complete your overlanding vehicle fit out, from draws and storage to battery systems and everything in-between, we've got you covered!
- Sydney - Collect from store or 2-3 days
- NSW - 2-3 days
- Canberra & ACT - 2-3 days
- Brisbane & QLD - 2-5 days
- Melbourne & VIC - 2-5 days
- Adelaide & SA - 3-7 days
- Perth & WA - 5-9 days
- Darwin & NT - 5-9 days
All Feldon Shelter products come with a 2 year warranty.
We offer free installation at our Sydney workshop with any roof rack purchase - or if you already have a rack it's $99. If you're based outside of Sydney, and planning to install your roof top tent yourself, please allow 1-2 hours for installation.
We only sell gear that's the best on the market. And we know it's the best because we've tried them all. Our philosophy is simple, if the product doesn't meet our high expectations then we won't sell it.
Ask a question
Have a question? Whether it's about gear to use on a 14 day hiking trip, roof top tent requirements, or storage solutions for your 4WD.... Send us a message or call us on 02 7955 9005. We love hearing from our customers.
Our Sydney workshop specialises in building the ultimate touring vehicles for overland adventures. Our business was built on passion and our team of experts can fit out your vehicle with quality products backed by precision installation.