Join the Adventure
Forget hammering pegs, blowing up mattresses, and putting up poles. Introducing The Crow’s Nest, Feldon Shelter’s 2-Man Rooftop Tent. With no poles required for basic setup, the Crow’s Nest tent is up in less time than it takes to boil the billy. A simple pull of the ladder unfolds the ready-to-use tent all by itself. The built in queen mattress has your sleeping bag and pillows tucked away inside ready to go, saving you valuable car space. An effortless setup for carefree adventures.
NEW ZEALAND DESIGN
Let’s face it, camping in New Zealand can be rough (and that’s a good thing when it comes to creating tents). With four seasons a common daily occurrence & a skinny land mass, our neighbours across the ditch see some of the most diverse weather conditions in the world. Perfect for developing roof top tents that can do it all.
With sun, wind, snow & plenty of rain, Feldon Shelter has spent years in their NZ based workshop developing rooftop solutions that can not only handle the worst, but through innovative design & quality construction, create an effortless & enjoyable adventure. no matter what get’s thrown at you along the way.
Feldon Shelter’s uniquely curved roof prevents annoying water pooling and those unsuspecting roof showers. These curves mean smoother aerodynamics so even the strongest of winds are no match. We’ve given extra attention to keep your nest cosy and dry by specially waterproof treating our canvas, using waxed stitching and taping all seams.
With durability and harsh sun in mind, The Crow’s Nest is constructed with our heavy duty, UV resistant, ripstop poly cotton canvas. With double stitching throughout, strong YKK zippers, reinforced aluminium skeleton and industrial marine grade stainless steel hardware, basically, you’re set for many moons to come.
The most premium roof-top tent available is chocked full of carefully thought out features. Ample storage is taken care of with an external shoe/gadget pocket, multi overhead storage straps and handy internal storage pockets. A retractable light-weight ladder, quick release hand attachments and plenty of ventilation take the pain out of camping to create effortless adventures.
Feldon’s very own built in ErgoCell queen sized mattress comfortably fits two people with enough room to stretch out. Designed to sleep even the tallest adventurer comfortably. Featuring a waterproof underside, sides and anti-soak top corners.There’s nothing like a soft and flat bed to lay on after a long day behind the wheel. You can kiss goodbye those restless nights spent sleeping on rocks and roots.
SETUP AND REQUIREMENTS
Fits on even the smallest of vehicle, from a 2 door hatchback through to the hardiest of truck. Fitting is easy, its deciding which way you wish to have the tent open that takes some thought. Off the back, off the side or even off the front, take your pick. All that’s needed is a pair of roof racks or suitable roof cage with a combined minimum dynamic (moving) load rating of 75kg.
The Crow’s Nest Rooftop Tent has a load rating of 300kg.
CROW'S NEST FEATURES
- Feldon Shelter's unique window design, offering 360° views and even better aerodynamics in high winds.
- Feldon Shelter's reinforced aluminium sandwich base construction for extended life and even more strength.
- Feldon Shelter's unique shoe & pole pocket designs. Now base mounted featuring multiple compartments for extra storage.
- NZ's original curved roof design providing extra height over generic rooftop tents, prevents water pooling and improves aerodynamics in high winds.
- All metal skeleton, hinges and hardware for extended life and strength.
- Heavy duty PVC travel cover with unique welded triple layer reinforcement panels. Featuring the original roll up design created by Feldon Shelter.
- Larger hinges than other generic rooftop tents available so that bedding and pillows can be tucked away permanently in the tent while closed and travelling.
- Adjustable storage straps overhead on tent base for extra storage and drip drying any wet clothing/gear.
- Internal storage pockets to keep your snacks, smartphone and torch nice and safe
- Removable doorway shoe/gadget pocket to keep your muddy shoes, outside and off the ground. The pockets also feature a vented bottom panel to drip dry your shoes overnight.
- Quick release hand attachments mean the tent is easily installed, removed or swapped between vehicles
- 60mm ErgoCell high density foam mattress with a removable cotton cover and waterproof ripstop underside, sides & anti-soak corners to keep condensation out. Designed to sleep individuals up to 7ft in height.
- Adjustable alloy retractable ladder. Optional extensions available for raised vehicles over 2 meters tall.
- Heavy duty genuine YKK zippers.
- Locally sourced marine grade stainless steel eyelets.
- Velcro sealed power cable access points allow cable connection from car
- Mosquito mesh windows, doors and vents.
- Zip-open mosquito mesh on all windows and doors
- Extra strong 40mm ribbing, velcro and marine grade attachment rings throughout.
- Additional swatch material for tent, rainfly and mesh repairs.
TENT: 340g Poly Cotton canvas. Water, mould and mildew resistant. High grade 130g mosquito mesh
RAIN FLY: 420D Diamond Ripstop Polyester canvas. Water, mould and mildew resistant.
TRAVEL COVER: 720G PVC with welded triple-layer reinforced high wear areas.
BASE: 23mm aluminium sandwich base, anti-scratch textured throughout.
Open: 143cm W x 240cm L x 125cm H
Closed: 143cm W x 120cm L x 30cm H
Weight: 54 kg
Installation and user walkthrough available for pick up orders at the Adventure Merchant’s Sydney based workshop. Installation costs $99 and takes up to an hour.
We also ship Australia wide.